HAPE MCCF Enhancement for uniform use of CARC/RARC Codes
This patch implements changes to the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) Accounts Receivable (AR) software are being requested by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Chief Business Office (CBO) business Solutions to comply with legislative changes mandated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as amended by Public Law (P.L.) 111-148, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Section 1104.
VHA uses the following standard, unique identifiers and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions in support of its third-party revenue and collections operation:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- 270/271 Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response
- 837 Health Care Claims - Institutional and Professional
- National Council Pharmacy Drug Program (NCPDP) Pharmacy Transactions
- 835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Reviews (Phase: Peer)
There is no review at this time. To submit one, please log in.