The fundamental mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) Emergency Department Integration Software (EDIS) program services is to provide Veterans the benefits they have earned throughout their military service to the United States. OI&T accomplishes its mission by delivering high-quality, client-centered, effective and efficient Information Technology (IT) services to those responsible for providing care to the Veterans at the point-of-care as well as throughout all the points of the Veterans’ health care in an effective, timely and compassionate manner. VA depends on Information Technology (IM)/IT systems to meet mission goals.
The Enhance the Veteran Experience and Access to Healthcare (EVEAH) Initiative is a single initiative whose mission is to expand health care access for Veterans, including women and rural populations. Multiple programs and projects have been assigned as part of the EVEAH Initiative, including EDIS.
The EDIS project is an extension to the Veterans Health Information System and Technology Architecture (VistA)/Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) for tracking and managing the delivery of care to patients in an Emergency Department (ED); it is a Class III to Class I software conversion. The system provides:
• Recording and tracking ED patients during incidents of care.
• Display of the current state of care delivery.
• Reports and data extracts on the delivery of care.
The system can be configured to specifics of different Veterans Health Administration (VHA) EDs.
The scope of EDIS v3 is to perform software development, coding, testing, verification, application architecture support, analysis support, installation, implementation, and deployment of enhancements to production that will allow EDIS to:
• Provide the In-ED/Urgent Care Clinic (UCC) workflow Information for viewing.
• Manage the In-ED/UCC workflow.
• Provide inter-departmental flow information.
• Provide access to management ED/UCC workflow information.
• Provide access to ED/UCC Workflow Information for Administrators Functional Requirements (including ad hoc queries and reporting).
• Provide access to ED/UCC Workflow Information for Administrators.
v3/v2.1.3 IOC T4 Source/Executable/Docs
Reviews (Phase: Peer)
There is no review at this time. To submit one, please log in.