The purpose of CIS is to provide a set of services which will provide access to and management of authoritative contact information for Veterans and other entities within the VA. These services are intended to:
- Standardize contact information for all business lines within the VA
- Provide a mechanism to implement standard processes for the management of contact information.
- Employ standard processes for the management of contact information across the entire VA.
- Provide consistent contact information across all lines of business.
- Integrate CIS with other lines of business while developing standards for consistent data quality across all lines of business.
- Emphasize and promote contact information as a valued data service shared across LOBs.
- Eliminate the need for subscribers to constantly update address information across all LOBs.
- Provide the capability for any subscriber system to access the authoritative contact information for each customer.
- Provide the capability for any subscriber system to use the authoritative data to pre-populate all VA business process enhancements.
This service will manage contact information including:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Contact Preferences
Reviews (Phase: Peer)
There is no review at this time. To submit one, please log in.