VBECS 510k Disclaimer: "This product is a medical device and the VA obtained a 510k clearance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) prior to placing these products into production in VA medical facilities. This 510k clearance to market approval only applies for the VA and does not carry over to sources outside of VA. If you elect to use this product, it is your responsibility to obtain a new 510k clearance for the software obtained from Code in Flight and meet all FDA Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations for medical device manufacturers. The Department of Veterans Affairs is in no way liable for any use of this code."
The main purpose of the VistA Blood Establishment Computer Software (VBECS) is to automate the daily processing of blood inventory and patient transfusions in a hospital transfusion service.
VBECS is an improved Blood Bank application that facilitates ongoing compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for medical devices and enhances the Department of Veterans Affairs (VAs) ability to produce high-quality blood products and services to veterans. The system follows blood bank standards, standards of national accrediting agencies, FDA regulations, and VA policies.
VBECS supersedes VistA Blood Bank v5.2 for blood bank operations. VistA Blood Bank v5.2 blood unit records remaining after the transfer of patient information to VBECS are available for reference only and cannot be edited. VistA Blood Bank v5.2 validation records must be maintained for five years after the last of the blood unit records is transferred to VBECS.
VBECS does not support:
• Blood donor collection activities (donor module)
• Direct data entry of antibody identification
• Direct data entry of transfusion reaction workups
• Patient testing, transfusions, and blood components recorded in Legacy VistA are not available in VBECS
• Pediatric blood product preparation
• Printing of blood product labels
• User defined customized queries or reports
• User editing blood product, antigen, antibody, or transfusion reaction tables
• Validation record storage
Providing updated source and documentation for v2.2.0
Reviews (Phase: Peer)
There is no review at this time. To submit one, please log in.