||VA-WH PAP SMEAR REVIEW RESULTS
||PAP Smear Review Results
|IGNORE ON N/A
||VHA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP) and VHA Office of Women's Health
- EDIT DATE: 2013-07-16 10:23:56
- EDIT BY: USER,SEVENTEEN
- EDIT COMMENTS:
The VHA recommends that PAP smear results be reviewed and that the
algorithms that also include links to 2012 updated ASCCP guidelines for
management of patients with abnormal cervical cancer screening
This reminder will be due when PAP smear results are present in the
Women's Health package and are pending clinician review.
This reminder will be satisfied when the clinical review of PAP smear
results is recorded in the Women's Health package.
clinical review be documented in the patient record.
The main changes to this reminder for the 2013 update are:
Modification of the dialog to require completion of both the
clinical review as well as the patient notification sections of the
dialog while also making it possible for staff to use the 'Next' button
when addressing more than one reminder.
Addition of links in the dialog to new VHA screening guidance and
- FINDING ITEM: VA-WH PAP SMEAR PENDING REVIEW
- NO. OF FOUND TEXT LINES: 2
- NO. NOT FOUND TEXT LINES: 2
- FOUND TEXT:
PAP smear results needing clinical review were found in the Women's Health
- NOT FOUND TEXT:
No PAP smear results needing clinical review were found in the Women's
- USE IN PATIENT COHORT LOGIC: AND
This reminder has been developed to interface with the Women's Health (WH)
pap results by the clinican.
This reminder is recommended for use by clinicians at Primary Care Clinics
(PACT/Primary Care, Medicine, Geriatric, Women's) and any other
specialty clinics where primary care is given to female patients.
The reminder was developed to interface with the Women's Health package:
* When the reminder is evaluated, PAP results pending review in the
Women's health package will be used to determine if the reminder is
package. The associated reminder dialog will update the WH package at the
* The VA-WH PAP SMEAR REVIEW RESULTS reminder dialog will display the
PAP smear results and will record clinical review information in the
current progress note and in the Women's Health package.
* The VA-WH PAP SMEAR REVIEW RESULTS reminder dialog offers selections
the clinician can use to document patient notification of PAP smear
results in the Women's Health package.
Setup issues before using this reminder:
1. Use the Reminder Term options to map local representations of
same time clinical care is recorded in CPRS GUI, thus eliminating dual
VA-WH PAP SMEAR PENDING REVIEW
No mapping necessary. A new VA-WH PAP SMEAR PENDING
REVIEW computed finding will be installed with this
reminder term. This computed finding will make the
reminder due when the condition is: I V="Pending". It
will then return PAP smear results pending clinician
review from the WH package.
data entry and encouraging synchronization of data.
2. Use the Reminder Dialog edit option to define the national reminder
dialog finding items which should be updated during CPRS GUI reminder
Review dialog elements in the national reminder dialog and change
any national health factors to local health factors, if necessary.
It is not unusual for local findings to be used in your national
dialogs. Any local findings used in the national dialogs should be
mapped to the appropriate national reminder term.
3. Alternately, use the Reminder Dialog options to copy the national
dialog, dialog elements, and dialog groups to make local changes.
Add local dialog elements with local Order Dialogs for additional
ordering options for the clinicians. Some sites have clinicians
order a consult to a service that provides PAP smears. If your
site does this, copy the reminder dialog to a local reminder
dialog and then add the local dialog element for the consult order
to the reminder dialog so this practice can continue.
Sites that use mechanisms other than the Women's Health package to
Some sites have local entries in the Women's Health WV Notification
Purpose file. If your site does this, copy the reminder dialog to
a local reminder dialog, then add or modify the notifications
so this practice can continue. Under reminder findings, use the new
"WH" finding type to point to the entries.
4. Use the AEP Add/Edit a Notification Purpose & Letter manager
option in the Women's Health package to set up entries in the WV
Notification Purpose file. The breast or cervical treatment need and
due date should be set and the default letter text should
generate letters for notifying patients of Pap results may copy the
modified to explain the reason for the letter.
dialog and remove or replace the patient notification section. If this
is done, this reminder may still be used to trigger a clinical review of
|INTERNAL PATIENT COHORT LOGIC
|PATIENT COHORT FINDINGS COUNT
|PATIENT COHORT FINDINGS LIST
- URL: http://vaww.prevention.domain.ext/Screening_for_Cervical_Cancer.asp
- WEB SITE TITLE: VHA Cervical Cancer Screening Guidance Statement
- URL: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspscerv.htM
- WEB SITE TITLE: US Preventive Services Task Force Screening for Cervical Ca
- URL: http://www.asccp.org/ConsensusGuidelines/UpdatedConsensusGuidelines/tabid/14181/Default.aspx
- WEB SITE TITLE: American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical pathology
- WEB SITE DESCRIPTION:
ASCCP 2012 Updated Consensus Guidelines for Managing Abnormal Cervical
Cancer Screening Tests and Cancer Precursors
|# OF GEN. COHORT FOUND LINES
|# GEN. COHORT NOT FOUND LINES
|# GEN. RES. FOUND LINES
|# GEN. RES. NOT FOUND LINES
|BASELINE AGE FINDINGS
- REMINDER FREQUENCY: 0D
- NO. OF AGE MATCH LINES: 0
- NO. OF AGE NO MATCH LINES: 0